Friday, September 19, 2008

To My little sister Ashley

So, as many of you know my little sister Ashley came to live with Curtis and I a few years ago... Curtis and I prayed that before she left that we had provided her with the values and things necessary to live a successful life... Throughout these past 8 months that she has been gone, she has proven to us that she is now a beautiful, bright, intellegent and responsible young woman... I wrote her this poem when she lived with us and I don't think I ever shared it with her, it has become more true and applicable in these past few months.. So here is to you sweetie.. Curtis, Carter and I love you and are so very proud of the woman you have become.

Like a kite blowing in the wind
Resisting all forces to unmend
Wrapped up tight
In fear of an emotional fight
Her strength against the forces
Shows us her unconconcousness
To what is exactly
Holding her back continuously
Her strings give her length and ability
To do it all, but does she see?
Her beautiful and bold
Colors tell a story untold
One that is woven so deep
Even if unsaid, can still be seen
Yet she continues to hold back
Unknowingly refusing any slack
I see this kite in such a way
That she will open up and fly away
She will unwind that string
And find all the happiness that her freedom can bring
She will shine more brightly then ever before
And her life will fly to new heights and soar
For she is a kite controlling the wind
Twirling, whirling and twisting to unbend
Finally free
Ashley






0 comments: