Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Christmas Tag

1. Egg nog or Hot Chocolate? I would have to say Steamers... I know it is not on the list but I love them!
2. Do you wrap presents or bag them? Wrap, a few times... I have to make it fun!
3. Colored Lights or White? I like White, Curtis likes colored... We made a deal, I got white lights until we had kids and now that we have Carter we have colored lights..
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.. my boys give me free kisses
5. When do you decorate? After Thanksgiving.. this year has been postponed until we get into our new house!
6. Favorite holiday dish? hmmm... I like mashed potatoes and green bean cassarole
7. When & how did you learn about Santa? Ya know I really don't know...
8. How do you decorate your tree? This year colored lights, flower arrangements, decorative bulbs etc.
9. Snow...love it or dread it? Love it
10. Can you ice skate? Yes
11. Do you remember your favorite gift? Curtis has given me so many memorable gifts, but growing up I would have to say it was the gift of my mothers' time... One Christmas eve we stayed up all night and wrapped gifts for my sister and just sat and talked, it was a gift that I will always hold close to my heart..
12. What is the most important part of the holidays? For me it is absalutely being with family and friends... And remembering what this season is about... it isn't about gifts or the tree well not at least for me... it is having that sweet spirit of the Lord in your heart...
13. Favorite holiday dessert? Umm... I like pumpkin pie
14. Favorite memory? Christmas memory... recently I have many, Curtis has always made this season so wonderful, the one I mentioned above with my mother tops the charts, but I would have to say I think this Christmas will be one of my favorites... Waking up, sitting next to the Christmas tree with my husband and my son and watching Carter's face as he opens his presents... As a mother, seeing your child smile... it doesn't get much better then that..
15. Do you have a special ornament? We got Carter a new ornament and we may just start a tradition of it...
16. What do you do on Christmas Eve? We open up one gift and make cookies for santa and set out red gatorade for Rudolph... and just enjoy watching the lights being together
17. If you could have anything for Christmas this year what would it be? I would love to be with family...
18. What do you do for neighbors and friends for Christmas? We are going caroling at a nursing home and we usually make our neighbors & friends some sort of yummy treat...

Merry Christmas to everyone... This year has been crazy yet one of the most incredible of my life, I wish you all happiness in this new year to come.... I tag Amy, Amanda, April, Rachel & Nancy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we wish you were with family to... oh wait. i wish i was staying in az and you all were coming here. but next year... right??? but maybe i will get a white christmas for the first time in my life... wish for me. Utah here I come.
LOVE YOU

Nancy said...

Now what do I do? Do I answer the questions?
I'm new at this. And I loved our pedicure, thank you!

Rachael and Justin said...

I hope your move went well! What a crazy time of year for it!! I just saw this tag, so I'll get to it as soon as possible!