
Well everyone, it is official, We packed everything up yesterday and flew out this morning to our new home in Missouri and thus far, I LOVE IT! Everyone is so nice! When we were waiting for our shuttle I was watching as people were coming out of the airport and it was so weird... they were smiling!!!! Now maybe one wouldn't understand why this would be one of the first things I noticed about this state, but in New York... No one would smile and most had their faces buried in a blackberry or were in such a rush that their smiles were weighed by stress, or aka New York City living... As we drove to our new home, it was 3:00pm and in New York at that time we would have been stuck on the 495 that converts to a parking lot at that time, but here we zoomed right through traffic... We got into our home and it is BEAUTIFUL! I then went to the store and realized that as I was half way through the store was closing... I saw an associate and said I would hurry and get out of there and she responded by saying," No don't worry about it, get what you need first." In New York they would have kicked me out 5 till... Everyone is so nice here and they all have the cutest accents! It has only been a few hours and I already notice a difference in Curtis, his shoulders seem lighter and his smile is brighter than I have seen it in a while. So far we LOVE MISSOURI!!!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Live from MISSOURI... Yes it's us The Skousens!
Lovingly Submitted By Tasha Skousen at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you like it there. We miss you! What are the accents like!
I totally know what you mean! When we moved down to Charleston for a year, I was so freaked out at first! When a bagger at the grocery store offered to put my groceries in the car, I said no because I thought he was only offering because he wanted a tip! But no, they're just like that! I finally started saying yes. :) It was heavenly.
Post a Comment