After we spent the afternoon in Nauvoo, we went to Carthage, which is were Joseph Smith spent his last days. We were able to jump into the last tour of the day about 20 minutes into it. The spirit there was overwhelming, we were shown the holding cell that Joseph, his brother Hyrum and other saints were held, the walls and floors were all original and it was quite warm in there despite it being a very cool evening. Then they brought us into the warden's room (I thin k that was what it was called) this was the room that Joseph and Hyrum spent their last moments. The guide played a tape of a reinactement of that fateful night, I couldn't help but well up, the door that you see in the picture above is the original door and the hole was from the bullet hole that hit Hyrum. Ii can't describe how it felt to stand in that room, but I was consumed by the spirit, it was a wonderful experience that Ccurtis and I will always closely to our hearts.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Carthage
Lovingly Submitted By Tasha Skousen at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment